Friday, March 16, 2012

Becca: Eureka!

I have no idea what the post title means. It's just there, okay?

I logged on today to find that Heather posted this week! :) It's like my whole life got a little better in that one moment. I'm gonna cry ...

The sad part? She got my reaction exactly right.

I slept for all of maybe 3 hours last night. So I made up for that by accidentally taking a nap that ended up being about 3 and a half hours long. So ... we'll see if I can fall asleep tonight. Heh. Heh. But I kind of have to, because tomorrow Heather and I are going to be making phone calls for the Ian Hauer for County Council campaign. (Can I hear a "Woot! Woot!"?!) So there's that.

The weather here in Southwest Indiana is being stupid. I mean, here it is, mid-March, and it's 80 stinkin' degrees outside?! Don't get me wrong, I woke up one morning this week and realized that I was actually feeling energized and pleasant, and then made another happy realization: my winter fog is officially over and I will start operating like a human being again! Woo-hoo!!

Explanation: Every winter, I go into a funk where my mind doesn't quite work properly, and I find it nearly impossible to be in a mood higher up on the "Good" scale than "Moderately Tolerable". Not that I'm depressed or angry or sad all winter, I am just not a cold person. My body and brain (which is a part of my body, yes, I realize this ...) rebel against it. Or, rather, rebel against me when the cold sets in. I have been told that in order to suit my body's preferences (read: non-negotiable demands), I need to move to California. But, I won't. Mostly because I love the people here too much. :)

And yes, of course I am procrastinating on my math homework to write this post. Why else do you think I write here? ;)

(No, seriously, I am actually procrastinating on section 5.4 of my MyMathLab homework right now. It's open in another tab. But who really needs to know how to square binomials anyway, am I right?! A-heh. A-heh. ... A-heh.)

So ... I'm going to be seeing the midnight premier of The Hunger Games Movie next Friday! It's a-gonna be a double date with me, Ian, and our friends Grace and Landon. You want to hear a story? (Ofcourseyoudodon'tlietome.) Well, when the boys took us out to dinner a couple of months ago, Grace and I made a passing comment that we ought to take them out some time. So the boys said, "Yeah! You guys should do that! For the Hunger Games. Yeah. You two should take us out." So Grace looked at me and then turned to the guys and said, "Alright, fine. We will!" And I looked at Grace thinking, We will?! and then jumped in, head-long, without looking to see whether or not I was going to hit something made of concrete, with "Yeah, that's right! We will!" So we're taking the boys to the midnight premier of the Hunger Games, which we want to see and they will tolerate, and we're going to make them dinner. :) (Note: If you were to ask either of the boys how that conversation actually went down, they would probably give you a moderately if not very different account of the discussion. But, this is my blog post, and I'm gonna tell it like I'mprettysure it is. Yeah.)

And then I'm going to Alabama with Grace and her family next Saturday (the 24th)! So yeah! Busy busy busy.

Two things: 1) Why is "busy" pronounced "bisy"? 2) I think "moderately" is my word of the day. How many times have I used it in this post already? Honestly.

As you can probably guess, the Alabama thing means that I have to kick it into high gear this next week and do two weeks worth of homework in one. Which is, of course, why I am working 4 sections ahead in math this weekend. (That's right, I don't actually have to be doing sections 5.4 and 5.5 tonight. I'm just doing it because, while I am quite an accomplished procrastinator, I might actually kill myself if I start out next week with any more than two sections left to complete before Friday on top of that English paper.)

Today I paid 3.25 for a bottle of contact solution at the Dollar Store, when I know for a fact that I can get a bigger bottle for 1.25 at Wal-Mart. Would someone please explain this to me?

And the reason I didn't do my blog post for this week yesterday is that my schedule got all thrown out of whack, so instead of having to leave at 4:00 pm, I ended up leaving at 1:00 pm, and didn't get even half of the stuff I wanted to do, done. But, it's all working out. (It'll all work out, eventually ...)

Okay, I'm done now. :)

Keep smiling, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment