Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Heather: The reasons I hate Florida.. Part II

1. Its never winter. Its like The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in reverse.
2. The sun hates pale people (like me).
3. I'm still angry that it stole two of my very best friends.

So, yesterday I wrote about Niki. Today, I'm going to write about her brother.

He and I have known each other for aaaalmost the same amount of time as Niki and I, 'cept I "officially" met him about a month later. ..Niki and I met while doing the Christmas play with our church, where we were cast as emo/mildy-crazy/very-depressed sisters. :) Teehee. Anyways, he has recently turned 18, so I guess he's a man now. xD That's an odd thought. Anywho, hi there.

(I mentioned him in another post, but only briefly, so I don't expect any of you to remember it. :P)

One very important thing you should all recognize as fact here, is that he is amazingly creative. Like, super-uper-duper creative. He can draw, paint, write (FREAKINGAMAZING) poetry, pick up and instrument and pretend like he knows what he's doing, he's just the complete version of the word awesome.

So, you may remember that I enjoy writing music, right? Well, he found that out about a week after he met me. So, and I'm sure he was just trying to be nice, he asked me if I would try and write music to one of his poems. And me being me, I said yes. The first song we finished was a song called To be Born Alive. I played that song probably 50 times just showing people how amazing it sounded. :D I'd like to give him the credit, though. Because it would not be possible without him. All together now, we've written about 13 songs. Cool, right? :) Yeah, he is.

Oh, did I mention that he's a rock climber? I didn't? My goodness. Well, you should all know that he is. And a freaking good one. He told me a story once (and not for any specific reason, we were just talkin bout shtuff), that someone (whom he thought was an excellent climber) came up to him and told him that they hoped to be as accomplished as he was someday. That man (whoever he was) has good taste in talent.

Speaking of good taste, his taste in music is phenomenal. xD At least, I think so. Or maybe that's just because we like a lot of the same things. The Beatles, Neil Young, Billy Joel, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Kansas, the list is endless! Lets just say, we've never argued about what to listen to in the car. xD He's the perfect blend of hippie and normal. It's the best. :)

Once upon a time in our friendship, it became summer. He started working full time, and climbing in the few minutes he wasn't working. Not that I minded, but he started having less time for enjoying his life outside of work. He stopped writing, hanging out with friends, talking to me, even. That made for a sad Heather. Then, low and behold, 3 months into the summer, we found out they were moving.

Obviously, I miss Niki very much. But her brother and I connected on a level a lot different than Niki and I did. And I'm not saying she isn't my best friend, because she is. Its just different. And I know she understands that. Now that they're gone, part of me is missing. I just can't convey to you how much I miss them. Or more topic-appropriate, him. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment